Sunday, January 29, 2012

ugh...time to get the machine serviced

I had a few minutes to myself this morning and thought I would try out a quick tutorial I had seen posted on one of my Facebook groups - what a drama that turned into!!

Firstly, I CAN actually sew. I have been doing it long enough to know how to do most basic things, and I have a decent machine that I can usually get to sew a straight line - I say usually because today I want to throw it out the window!! I had threads break, I broke a needle (it was hitting the needle plate?) AND my stitching looks so dodgy it could have been done on one of those toy machines you get from the local KMart ...time for a service I think.

I did manage to get my little item finished (thread breaks and all) - here is my phone cover, made using this TUTORIAL over at Luellabella.

I just fits my Galaxy (its an iphone tute). I didn't have any elastic that was suitable, so I have used one of my daughter's hair ties! I still need to pop a button on it, but I'm happy with how it turned out - even with the dodgy stitching!

Better get back to all my WIP's

Kate x

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! I am going to give this one a try. I don't have an iphone but my sister does so it might make a nice gift.


Leave me a message!